An imprint of Michigan Publishing, Maize Books serves the publishing needs of the University of Michigan community by making high-quality scholarship widely available in print and online. It represents a new model for authors seeking to share their work within and beyond the academy, offering streamlined selection, production, and distribution processes. Maize Books is intended as a complement to more formal modes of publication in a wide range of disciplinary areas. Visit maizebooks.org to see a complete list of Maize Books titles.
The benefits of publishing your work via Maize Books include:
- Fast turnaround times from manuscript to finished publication
- Distribution both online and in print
- Ability to make your work available as a freely accessible Open Access publication as well as via recognized sales channels
- A robust technical infrastructure to give online publications strong search engine optimization and enable long-term preservation, making your work both easy to find and safe for the long term
- High-quality, low-cost print editions produced on demand
- Brand identification with Michigan Publishing, a recognized leader in creating the future of academic publishing and scholarly communication
The key to advancing knowledge is sharing your scholarship as widely and as effectively as possible. Maize Books and Michigan Publishing can help you do that.
If you are interested in publishing your work with us, please include the following information in your proposal:
- Overview of your project’s subject matter, argument, and methodology
- Description of peer review or other processes undertaken to ensure rigorous, high-quality scholarship
- Why your project is ideal for Maize Books
- Similar publications in the field
- Anticipated readership
- Length, number of illustrations, and any special design requirements
- Timetable for completion
- Table of contents, outline of chapters, and a sample of the work
- CV or resume for all authors, editors, or contributors
Optional: Letters of reference written by individuals who can speak to the quality and significance of your publication.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.