Publishing Consultation Services
Want to learn more about digital scholarship? We can help. By drawing on the expertise of librarians, publishers, and technologists in MPublishing, we can answer a broad range of publishing-related questions and refer you to high-quality services and resources.
We can assist with:
- Exploring options for new journal development, including open access and subscription models
- Discussing strategies for representing digital work on dossiers and tenure portfolios
- Providing assistance with migrating a journal from print to digital environment
- Creating Digital Scholarly Editions with XML Markup
- Helping campus centers, departments, and colleges formulate their publishing strategies, and providing direct services as needed
- Discussing strategies for using social media and networked communication tools to promote your research and publications
In addition to providing one-on-one consultation, publishing specialists from MPublishing and the University of Michigan Press are available to visit your department, class, or other group to give presentations on a range of topics related to scholarly publishing. Topics include: open access, Creative Commons, and new trends in digital scholarship and scholarly communication. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation visit or presentation.
Author Publisher Liaison
For faculty interested in transforming manuscripts or proposals into successful book projects with an academic publisher or university press, the Author-Publisher Liaison (APL) demystifies the publication process and provides assistance as you navigate from proposal preparation to publication. The APL offers guidance on such aspects as preparing a prospectus, approaching acquisitions editors, identifying the market, and understanding subventions, permissions, and contract terms.
Now, as part of the MPublishing suite of services, the APL continues to work with authors to move through the publication process as smoothly and quickly as possible, freeing up precious time for teaching, writing, and research.
The service provided by the APL contributes directly to the University’s mission of sustaining superior intellectual work at Michigan and enhancing the University’s shared public culture by supporting scholarly publishing across its schools and colleges.
For more information or to schedule a consultation meeting with the Author-Publisher Liaison, please contact Rebecca Sestili at email@example.com.